Sunday 4 September 2011

Summer 2011 Geeky Movie Awards

Okay so the summer is kinda over since I wore a sweater today (yeah my first sweater decides summers over). Anyways over the summer I watched quite a few films and will be giving them some awards :P (I always wanted to do this):

Summer 2011 Movie Awards:





Best Romantic film of the summer:



Nominees : emmm Only watched one LOL but it was really good! One of the best I've seen in my life ..

Btw I really want to nominate Xmen first class with Magneto and Xavier having a gay affair... We all know they'r gay if only they officially announced it already...

Winner : One Day : Watched it a couple days ago and wow it was great! Surprised me a lot...




Best Comedy of the summer:



Nominees: Hangover 2 .. it was okay at best, this summer was a slow one for comedy tbh
                 My Hangover 2 Review : http://goo.gl/PwFEo
               
Winner:  Attack the Block !





Best Action Movie of the summer : 


Nominees : Hmm Harry Potter 8 ( I think it qualifies )
                  Xmen First Class
                  Rise of The Planet of the Apes

Winner : Xmen First Class : As an action movie xmen beats its competition as its extremely fun to watch whether your taking notes on the story or just staring at the explosions.



My Review of Xmen First Class:  http://goo.gl/uQvlS



Best Fantasy Film of the summer:


Nominees: Well I was surely not going to watch Conan so the winner?

Winner : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PT 2 : It surpassed my expectations and if I wore hats, I would take my hat off and shed a tear at this cinematic beauty.. I really loved it!




My Review of Harry Potter Death Hallows PT 2: http://goo.gl/8GN6b



Best Actor of the summer: 


Nominees : Alan Rickman ( For Snape )
                  Andy Serkis ( For Ceaser In planet of the Apes )
                  Danielle Radcliffe ( For Harry Potter )
                  Michael Fassbender ( Magneto )


Winner : Alan Rickman : When he did the last harry potter film he just said "listen kids sit back and watch a master work at his craft".. Alan seriously stole the show for me and delivered the mystery-filled character of Severus Snape.



I love you Alan Rickman :']



Worst Actor of the summer:


Nominees : Ohh I can't be bothered to Imdb people's names here so here it goes, Mystique from X men sucked, Darwin sucked from X men, Pretty much most X men first class people sucked

Winner : Zoe Kravitz ( For her stupidly bad Angel Salvadore )



Yeah keep smiling, the way your acting you shouldn't have an acting career any time soon .. hoe.


Most Annoying Villain of the summer




Nominees : All those F*in dark wizards (Harry Potter)
                  He who must not be named AKA. M.r Voldi (Harry Potter)
                  That ugly chimp from Rise of the Apes, yeah the one with the scar .. Basta*rd
                  Kevin Bacon (For X-men)

Winner : Kevin Bacon : He played his role so freakin' well that now every time I see him I want to rip out his adams apple and make stew with it (Yeah he's actually that good at being a d*ck)

Kinda looks like the singer from Guns N Roses

Worst Special Effects of The Summer :

Nominees : Mystique from Xmen First Class
                  The Aliens from attack the block, they were ugly
                  Some chimps from planet of the apes, they looked fake 

Winner : Mystique from Xmen First Class : She looks like cookie monsters deformed aborted sister 

Yes I was bothered to go and photoshop that



Best Special Effects of the Summer :

Nominees : Rise of The Planet of the Apes
                  X men First Class
                  Big Momma's House 3
                  Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows PT 2

Winner : Rise of The Planet of the Apes : This movie makes you connect with a character who has little to no dialogue using facial expressions, and when that character is a monkey created using special effects... The film really has something going for it there.

It looks better in the movie, the effects look off in still pictures

Worst Film of The Summer :



Nominees: Emm I didn't really see some crap films this summer

Winner: Big Momma's House 3 : Oh my god! run away as far as you can from this abominable piece of sh*t

You disgust me

Best Film of the Summer :

Nominees : Rise of the Planet of the Apes
                  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PT 2 
                  X Men First Class
                  Attack The Block

Winner : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PT 2 : After 7 Films, 7 books and an unlimited amount of expectations I cannot believe how this film exceeded expectations.. this masterpiece shows how to end such a long series without any disappointment. 


See that sweater?... His grandmother knit it, Bad*ss!


That one was close, I was really stuck between the 3 but if I didn't give it to HP in the end, I would be lying to myself.


2 comments:

  1. Did you get a chance to see Captain America, or Cowboys and Aliens?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I haven't seen them two, What do you think about them ? :) would Captain America be the better summer 2010 action film for you than x men ?

    ReplyDelete